Friday, June 11, 2010

Sapien







Sapien is the newest addition to my family...:)...Although I have a real tough pharmacology paper on monday,I cannot resist writing about him ...Well ..Someone left 4 kittens in front of my building...this is the 2nd batch of 4 kittens in 2010 that I am getting to rescue!...Neway Getting all four of them was out of question...So after a round of fights with assholic watchman i kept them in the bldg compound...One by one all of them started disappearing...I found the dead body of one in the adjacent building...He was attacked by dogs...Survival in Mumbai is difficult..Even for cats..Thats why i encourage people to adopt..Its difficult esp for kittens to survive the first few months of their life...Neway the last one remaining...a really ugly,puny,all skin and bones with wobbly gait and a common grey color was the only kitten remaining...At three weeks of age...He needed someone constantly around him...Amazingly...He was toilet trained too...So i guess these were house cats who became a handful for the owners...Neway he was so weak with abdominal pain and very weak hind legs but that dint deter him from following us around all over the house...He was loving and the best part for me was that he sleeps on me...I mean I am such a person that I keep changing my sleeping position throughout the night...m glad he dint get crushed...He is so much better now...Has a voracious appetite....If he loves you...he will lick ur nose...If he is hungry...He will meow loudly or bite you gently...If he wants attention...he will mew silently...If wants to shit or pee he will go around in circles till u open the bathroom door...If he wants to carry him...he twirls around ur legs....




Most of the times he just pretends to be asleep.....His head will be jerked back and he looks like a drunk who's passed out( pic above ) but the moment u walk out of the room ...he will come sprinting behind you..he is a pest!.....


He loves chicken and turns into a monster when he sees chicken and he steals it from my other cat Shasta's plate...Thats y i had named him Shendi initially cos he really had us going that he is really not well and the like but to extract the chicken from his jaws was a herculian task...I got scratched and Manu got bit...He was fighting with us....:)....


I like having him around...gives me a lot of happiness...Although I dont want to ....I am looking to get him adopted...There are 2 things to this...One is that I know he will charm people wherever he goes with his discipline and unconditional love and the other thing is that only if he goes will my house be open for other kittens and pups which need foster care....Cos if he stays back...In the future my dad wont allow ne strays assuming that they will all end up here :(........Here's to Sapien...who spreads love happiness and joy wherever he goes :)


3 comments: